Of the huge range of credit cards available, deciding which credit card is most suitable for your spending can be a process, and a difficult one at that. If you’re looking to replace an old credit card, or even open your first credit card, going through so many different options can be overwhelming. Questions such as, “What is the best credit card?” and “Why?” or “What makes this card the best fit for me?” are ones you should ask yourself before making any final decisions.
While all credit cards provide the same service, they all contain their own individual deals. The list below are considered some of the best credit cards of 2017-2018.
Discover it Cashback Match – provides a dollar-for-dollar cash back that you earn at the end of your first year within opening the credit card.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – you can earn 50,000 bonus points in the first 3 months if you spend $4000 on purchases. That’s equal to $625 toward travel when redeemed from Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Citi Diamond Preferred Card – 0% interest rate on purchases for the first 21 months.
- Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express – earn $150 Statement Credit if you spend $1000 worth of purchases for the first 3 months, no annual fee.
- BankAmericard Credit Card– 0% interest rate for 15 of your billing cycles and $0 to transfer fees for the first 60 days the account is available.
- Capital One QuickSilver Cash Rewards Credit card – 0% interest rate for 9 months on your transfers and purchases. Also includes unlimited 1.5% cash back on any purchase, every day.
- WellsFargo Cash Wise Visa Card – receive $200 reward bonus when you spend $1000 in the first 3 months. This also comes with %1.8 cash rewards, and $600 worth of protection insurance on your phone against theft and/or damage if you pay your monthly bill with the Wellsfargo Cash Wise Visa Card.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Card– earn an automatic 1.5% cash back on every purchase, and earn $150 bonus if you spend $500 within the first 3 months of opening the account.
- Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card – 0% interest rate for 12 months, and customer rewards include 1.25 miles per dollar, on any purchase.
- Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card – no annual fee, and earn $150 cash reward bonus after spending $500 on any purchases within the first 90 days. This card also offers 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at every grocery store/whole sales club purchases, and 3% on gas purchases for the first $2500 spent on all three combined each quarter. Every day you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America checking or savings account, you even get a 10% customer bonus.
Regardless of which route you decide to take when it’s time to get yourself a credit card, or whether you choose from the above list or not, remember to always pay attention to what deals are being offered. While some benefits may be useful to others, they could be worth nothing to you.